Skip to main content

What's Up 2-11-13

                                       
I have been getting myself back in the groove after having my daughter and her family here last week. The "little dudes" have grown so much in 3 months. They are now crawling and eating solids.


BEN
BLAKE
I do not have a highchair so we feed them on the floor with a sheet under neath to catch all the run off. Can you guess who is the hearty eater.

I am counting the days until I can see them again.
So to pass the time I am focusing on things around here and working on my 
Get - R - Done list is one way.


 This is my Sisters in Scriptures 2 quilt.
Started 4 years ago and I worked on it a little last year but as you see did not get it finished.
This one is my favorite block, represents Elizabeth.
I have made Sisters in Scriptures I, and thought I had a picture of it. I'll need to get it out and take one to show.

Then I need to prepare the applique blocks for the other quilt on my list, 
30's row quilt.
  Need 4 of these


Just one of this one

 Some of the fabric choices.

I'm going to needle turn my pieces and I start by tracing my pieces on freezer paper. I will press my edges under using the freezer paper as my guide. Then I tack down my pieces lightly with glue. I find this the easiest way to have my blocks ready to applique, especially since I take them places and the pieces stay in place perfectly.
This is the project I'm taking with me to the McAllen Texas Quilt Show this coming week.
If you plan on going I hope you will come by and say Hi. 
I would love to meet you and chat.
Our booth is representing Deb Tucker's 180 Designs / Sager Creek from Siloam Springs Arkansas.
I'll be looking forward to it.

Comments

  1. What cute little boys. There is nothing like snuggling with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh! That jelly belly made me laugh out loud. :D You may need a full-on blanket instead of a sheet! :) Intrigued by your 30's row quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep a sheet and hose is the order of the day for cleaning up after that crew! feels good to start getting older projects done! have fun at the quilt show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    the little boys are so sweet and the jelly belly looks really funny.
    i'm looking forwaed to see the applique for the 30's row quilt.
    Have fun at the quilt show!

    Marle from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. peanut butter , some bread and you have a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little guys are so cute The feeding photos could win awards for sure.
    Loved seeing all the projects you're working on. I'm just getting around to visiting DWM posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t